Be a VOLO Photographer
Please read this page in detail before you email us with your submission request.
(If you’re a model who is interested in being featured in VOLO, please visit the Model For VOLO page!!)
WHAT KIND OF WORK WILL WE ACCEPT?
VOLO Magazine is the Worlds #1 Ranked publication for men (and women) of libertarian beliefs, a taste for nude art and for those who love to live on the edge. We feature editorials and pictorial stories. A VOLO shoot is for sure NOT a girl standing in front of a paper background or a girl twisting and turning on a bed. VOLO publishes editorials and showcases photographers who know how to elicit a sense of awe and tell a story with their images. We are looking for THINKING photographers, not guys with camera’s. Look at previous issues of the magazines before you decide to submit something to VOLO. If you want to be featured in VOLO, you should be an exceptional photographer or you should be ready to elevate your work to that level.
THREE TYPES OF PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE FEATURED IN VOLO MAGAZINE
- Widely Published photographers whose work is very well known and their name is synonymous to quality in the world of photography. These are the photographers we ‘FEATURE’. We showcase a variety of their work in the first feature showing off the range of skills and artistic thought they possess.
- Incredible Editorials from a photographer who is not very well know yet, but they have produced work that is undeniably VOLO. Most photographers fall in this category. Please follow the submission guidelines in the next section to get started on the path of getting your work published in VOLO.
- VOLO Authorized Photographers are photographers who have earned the RIGHT to be featured in VOLO on a regular basis. These are photographers who fall in category 1 (above) and have contacted us to be appointed as the authorized VOLO shooter in their area OR they are photographers from category 2 (above) who have got more than 3 sets already published in VOLO and VOLO has invited them to join the authorized photographers ranks. These photographers also get compensated for shoots they exclusively do for VOLO on a case by case basis.
VOLO ISSUE THEMED SUBMISSION CALENDAR
|VOLO in Spring||The Art of the Tattoo||A VOLO Summer||Wet And Wild||VOLO Girlfriends||VOLO Fashion||The Goth VOLO||Fun with FURS||VOLO Holidays|
- All Models need to be 18 Years of Age or OLDER. Every submission needs to be accompanied by VALID PHOTO ID scan of the models face, name and age for our records.
- VOLO Publishes NUDE Art. We DO NOT believe in the ART OF THE TEASE when it comes to STRIP TEASE. Every VOLO submission needs to have the model be COMPLETELY NUDE in at least 70% of the pictures.
- Every submission needs to have a combination of pictures that show the model from both their FRONT and BACK sides. Do not shoot 10 pictures of the model posing at the same place in the same angle and submit it to us, it will be a waste of both your and our time.
- Photos must be previously unpublished in any and all media channels – that includes Flickr, ModelMayhem, Facebook . The only exception to that clause is if you have published 1 or 2 pictures of a 15 picture set online, we will still consider that set as unpublished.
- If you are a photographer who is submitting to VOLO for the first time. Please submit a MINIMUM of 2 SETS of pictures. DO NOT submit 1 set for submission. We need to see your overall work, not one set.
- Every set submitted needs to have a MINIMUM of 10 pictures and a MAXIMUM of 20 pictures that are connected in some way. It may be a single model that connects the pictures, or a story line involving multiple models.
- Every submission needs to consist of 300 DPI images. Minimum accepted resolution is 244 DPI for publication in the magazine.
- You need to commit to submit AT LEAST 3 SETS of IMAGES to VOLO in a Year to be considered for Submission. ONLY FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHERS can have One Off submissions. If you are a first time photographer whose submission is accepted in VOLO, you will be signing a contract to SUBMIT a minimum of 3 sets to VOLO for a calendar year. See point No 5. (above) and submit at least 2 sets when submitting to VOLO.
SUBMISSION ATTACHMENTS & DELIVERY DETAILS
- Please submit each set as a ZIP file delivered through a file sharing service like www.dropbox.com or www.hightail.com
- Please attach a signed copy of the content release document here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktwhkywxik20jfa/VOLO%20Magazine%20Content%20Release%20Form%20and%20Contract%202013-14.pdf
- Attach scanned copies of the Age Proof (ID or Passport) of each nude model depicted in the pictures.
- Send a 250 to 300 word BIO/Story about you and your photography along with links to your Website/Facebook/Twitter
- Send a 150-200 word BIO/Story about the model (in the case of a single model set) along with links to her Website/Facebook/Twitter
- In the case the submission was created with a team, it must be accompanied by credits: models, photographer, stylist, makeup artist etc…
As a VOLO contributor, you will have full access to all issues of VOLO free of charge and your profile will be showcased on our website www.volomagazine.com under the photographers section.If you continue to send regular sets and want to be a VOLO Authorized photographers, we will consider that after getting at least 3 or more submissions from you.
Don’t have a Dropbox account? Get one free here.
ALL SUBMISSIONS NEED TO BE SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org